Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Take Your Daughter to Work Day

"Ned the Closet Monster was starting to enjoy "Take Your Daughter to Work" Day. The quest for an afternoon snack had gone well. He was just going through Mrs. Sneadley's chest of drawers, looking for a nice dinner camisole when the bedroom door swung open..."



I've been working on this for a couple weeks now... if you don't include the preliminary sketch I made several months ago. I'm at that stage where I am so sick of looking at this drawing... and yet... I can't help but love the kid with the sock. I imagine that closet monsters live on socks and other choice morsels from our wardrobe.

This is pencil crayon on top of marker, an interesting if time-consuming technique I may or may not have the patience for. If I had to go back and do it all again, I'd pick a different colour for the carpet.

Someone suggested that this would be a good concept for a childrens' book. I'll have to give that some serious thought. If I can come up with a decent plot, I could see this becoming a real project.

In the meantime, enjoy the cuteness!

No comments: