Friday, December 15, 2006

The Joker

Finally. Ladies and gentlemen... the Joker.



This picture was a LOT of work, from beginning to end. I started out with a very quick sketch of an exaggerated facial shape, but when I got to refining... I went overboard.

But you know what? I'm really pleased with his creepy self. Although it's always a bit of a let-down when you release something onto the net, and it slinks away silently. I've been feeling a good deal of self-pity about my skills lately. Neil calls in Angst Thursday because it seems like it happens every week. I call it Onks Thursday because I like to say "onks!"

Aaanyway. On to the next project, whatever that might be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i like your stuff! I draw some too, check it out if you want at http://www.wishiwasahero.deviantart.com

i always like to connect with other artists :)

also, i have a webcomic/blog check it out, id like your opinion on the art. its Bacmedia.blogspot.com

just look for "webcomic archive"

keep up the good work!

Princess Rockstar Scientist said...

Thanks for the kind words!

It's usually a good idea to wait until you have a sizeable comic archive on your site before you start promoting it, though. You only get one chance to make a first impression, and the more comics you have up the more chances you have to hook that first-time reader.

I used to have an online comic, so I know a few tricks. :)