Thursday, July 13, 2006

Goofiness

I'm going to check my cleanup of Uma at work. In the meantime, here's an ink and marker sketch of some random photo reference I cartoonified.



I'm also working on a digital painting caricature of John Goodman for this month's Caricature Jam. I got a blue-pencil sketch done but ended up not liking it, so I used it as a base for a better caricature.

The rough colours:



and the photo reference I was working from:



I admit I cheated on the colours again. I do so well when it comes time to pick the right pencil crayons or markers but sit me down at a white Photoshop screen and I freeze. There are too many colours, and it's just so easy to go back to the photo and select one. I'm going to have to wean myself off the colour picker.

Of course if I don't have a photo I find it reasonably easy to just pick any old skin tone and go with that. Photo reference makes me lazy. :P

No comments: