Thursday, June 08, 2006

Scream

Today's sketch is from a photo reference of a scream that I ended up turning into a surprised vampire in its death throes.



I wish I'd had the room to draw in the stake -- maybe now that I've scanned it, I'll add some clothing. Assuming I can figure out what I've done with all my pens and erasers -- they have all disappeared.

I'm still trying to figure out whether my scanner issues stem from my scanner or from some sketchbook ritual that I have unwittingly neglected. I guess I'll see how things scan once I've lit the nine candles and sacrificed the goat.

2 comments:

Chrissie A said...

I like this a lot! Interesting suggestion of lighting you've created with simple ink lines. Nice job!

Princess Rockstar Scientist said...

Thank you! I'm pleased with how this one turned out. It's one of the few felt-tip pen drawings I've done that isn't too stiff and boring.