Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bok Choi!

I finally got a chance to try out my birthday present today (the watercolour travel set... not the bok choi).



I haven't really ever worked with watercolours before, and I don't normally paint, but this was a fun way to start. I set up the baby bok choi in the sunroom, which faces north, sketched out an outline and went to it. I'm not sure it turned out all that well, but I'm not sure it turned out all that poorly either. I guess I'll have to work with the watercolours a bit more to get the feel of them.

I guess it was interesting to work with something so predominantly... green. I can see myself having to buy a lot more green in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a good study for the first timer,the strokes are very nice...especially the way you left the paper white...pretty impressive!

JCW said...

Thank you! I did try painting with acrylics 5 or so years ago, but watercolours are quite different.