Thursday, August 17, 2006

Macbeth, As Re-Enacted by Squirrels

Actually, it's Lady Macbeth.



Being an artist is great. Who else gets to waste their free time imagining squirrels doing Macbeth? I'm trying to work out some designs for the three witches now. It's not easy making squirrels look witchy.

Oh, and while I'm at it, here's a quick little sketch of a squirrel I did from life today. There's a small oak tree growing right outside my office window, and it's dropping tasty acorns for squirrels to eat.



This was a very quick sketch for me because squirrels are very, very twitchy. Also, there were some grad students smoking outside and they thought the squirrel was cool, so they tossed acorns to it. It would have probably moved in any case, they don't stay still for long at all.

No comments: