Wednesday, August 30, 2006

In Joke

I'm working on an environment concept for the Blizzard art contest at the moment (the deadline is coming up quick! And I've only just started!) and maybe I'll post the rough colours in a bit, but in the meantime all I have is this:



It comes from a post someone made on our guild forums about how he likes dressing his friend up as a schoolgirl and riding him while other people eat popcorn and watch. The whole thing came completely out of left field. In fact, since it was a response in someone's introductory "can I join your guild" thread, it came right out of ballpark, and possibly from a different planet. This is the not-so-rude interpretation of the comment, with avatars instead of people. I'm just as happy not having to illustrate yaoi.

I've also been doing more life studies. I attended a party this weekend where I sketched a couple of friends and I'm also inking a cityscape I drew last Wednesday. There should be more stuff posted soon, and then I'm going to be on vacation for a few weeks starting in mid-September. I hope to fill the rest of my life sketchbook while I'm gone!

No comments: