Sunday, May 28, 2006

Markers

A few years ago, I started putting together a collection of Pantone Tria Markers (actually, I received the first 10 or 12 from my husband for my birthday). I haven't had much practice with them, though. They are so expensive that I don't have all the colours that I might like to use and I feel bad about using the colours that I do have.

But I've managed to put in a little bit of experimentation and at least see what I need to be working on. So here is a bit of coloured line art. A mousecot comissioned by a friend (her final version was vector art, done in Illustrator but I coloured the line art after I was done):



and a little head-shot of my undead World of Warcraft character.



I think what I need to work on most with the colour is greater contrast. These two drawings are pretty flat and don't have a whole lot of shading. And I think that I will need a bigger range of markers to be able to get a bigger shade range.

In the meantime, I have a couple more pencil pieces that I am inking, and I will probably scan the lineart and try both digital colour and marker colour to see what I can do with them.

No comments: