Monday, October 02, 2006

Italy

I am back from my vacation. Somewhat as expected, I didn't do much sketching in Italy -- for one thing, it's hard to sketch when you're out touristing. There's all that walking and cycling and milling around in confusion with a map and guidebook in hand. Having an impatient husband who neglects to bring reading material with him wherever he goes is also not very helpful. Still, I managed to sketch a few things. Here's a lamppost from the sixth town on our tour, and the town I think I liked best, Bolsena:



Anyway, it's been three days and I'm still jet-lagged. I've started eating normally (which is a lovely change) but I'm still falling asleep by 22:00. Heck, it's only 20:00 and I'm sitting here, typing this up, thinking longingly of pillows and other freshly-laundered bed things. I had plenty of plans for artwork this weekend, all of which have taken a backseat to being dead tired. Very sad.

No comments: