Saturday, October 21, 2006

Getting Back Into It

There were so few vacation sketches I did that I'm trying to make up for things now that I'm home. I'm especially trying hard to see the potential in my everyday surroundings. (When I took a studio course, my TA used to criticize my choice of subjects. I happen to think that computer cables and circuit boards are just as interesting to draw as drapery and plants. Just because it's not traditional doesn't mean it isn't good!) Of course, after all that, something like a nest of cables is just darn difficult to do. If you're a lazy artist like me, it's much easier to knock out a dried rose:



especially if it's sitting on your desk and doesn't require you to go and open up your computer case.

Today I drew some apples, but maybe I'll save those for another day.

No comments: