Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Room of Orange Hands

So I went to bed on January 20, but I had a terrible time getting to sleep. Eventually I woke up from a dream, all twisted up in bed and with half a dozen cramps in various limbs, and I couldn't get back to sleep. Rather than wake my husband up with all the rolling around, I collected my covers and went downstairs, where we have an extra bed.

Once down there, I realized rather muzzily that I hadn't done a sketch that day. Disaster! So I sketched out part of my dream:



In it, I was playing a videogame which consisted of a long chain of rooms, which were all ice rinks, and I had to skate my hockey guy away from other hockey guys who wanted to... I don't know. Talk to him sternly. With sticks. Eventually I got tired of the endless succession of rooms and I needed to pee, so I decided to save the game. This game, apparently, saved a file by dropping your little hockey guy through a trap door and into an enormous, bottomless room of giant orange hands.

The quality is not the best because I was half-asleep, but I kind-of like it.

No comments: