Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Daily Artwork

So here's a preview of what I've been working on for Neil's birthday. I took a sketch like this:


and toiled away on vector art in Illustrator for a week or so until it now looks like this:



That's an almost-fully-rendered set of Felheart there, being modelled by Neil's tiny warlock. My only qualm is that I used a wall from the inn in Tanaris for reference, and even with colour adjustment it doesn't provide quite enough contrast with the Felheart armour to really pop. I should have used one of the night elf inns. I may have to remedy that this weekend.

In any case, I used our photo printer to put the image onto a 5.5" x 8.5" card, and I also made a sig he can use on the guild forums and will probably make a wallpaper version too. I'd also like to submit it to the Blizzard fanart repository, but I'll ask Neil first, since it's half-his.

Phew. Now I'm working on colouring a dumb little comic from my sketchbook, starring my small night elf army:



In case it's hard to read, that's my Level 12 Druid going on about his "epic staff". I'm sure it's been done before. I'm just experimenting with a more stylized drawing style.

No comments: