Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Surreal


I did this a while back.  I was experimenting with surrealism.  It's kind of weird that a lot more of my traditional work isn't surreal.  My sketchbook is often full of strange things put together in strange ways.  I can think of an awful lot of surreal stuff.  It doesn't necessarily need to be very realistic in rendering.  So why don't I do it more?  I don't know.

This one isn't quite done, which is why I hadn't posted it before.  It's acrylic on watercolour paper.  I think I quite like the bottom half.

I've had to put paintings aside for a bit while I work on children's illustration, but yesterday I started work again on a colorful abstract.  I might have to work on painting again on weekends.  It would be good to have some neat things to sell at Artwalk this year.

No comments: