Monday, March 05, 2012

Life Sketches 16

Last week's life drawing:


As an aside, I don't go to life drawing very often. In fact it's usually been much like people's New Year's resolution gym visits. You go twice in January and then don't show up for the next 11 months. But I recognized this pair of models from the first life drawing session I ever went to some years ago. I even posted the sketches to this very blog way back in 2007. I'm sure I'll see a lot more of the same models now that I'm going more regularly, but it's kinda nice to have this unexpected continuity five years later.

In other news, for someone who draws or paints every day I am seriously out of practice with the pencils. I never did much large-scale drawing on the newsprint and all but I feel like I ought to be able to move the dang pencil around with a little more control than this!

I guess I'll have to slot in an after-lunch sketching session a few days a week.

No comments: